Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Implementing the Licensing key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usman4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Implementing the Licensing key Reply with quote

Hello,

Would you please let me know how should the licensing be implemented in IPN.net. I have download the ipn.msi setup and want to implement Licensing into it.

Thanx.

usman4life
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you give a bit more detail about what you want to know?

By default IPN.NET uses the Infralution Licensing System (ILS) to issue license keys. To read and use these license keys in your application you need to download and install ILS and read the documentation.

If you wish to use your own home grown licensing scheme then you will need to modify the IPN.NET source. This is fairly easy to do - but you can't actually do it until you have purchased IPN.NET and have the source code.
usman4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a shopping Cart Application and have already implemented ILS into it. I had purchased the source code and had made some modifications into it. Now with IPN.net, it seems its going to be easy.
Now when i test the IPN.NET solution through IPN.net Test tool, i receive mails. But i dont get detailed Invoice of the products. It says:

"Thank you for your recent order of My Product via PayPal. Unfortunately the email address (simplyusman@hotmail.com) that you supplied has been identified by our system as coming from an anonymous (free) email provider. In order to prevent charge back fraud we do not supply license keys or source code via email to addresses from anonymous email providers."

Thats what is specified in one of the htm files in the solution. But i am not able to find out the cause of this error.

Also want to know how the licenses would be generated?

Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting this email because the customer email address you are using is from an anonymous email provider (ie hotmail). We normally recommend that you don't email license keys to purchasers from these type of addresses as they are frequently used for credit card fraud to avoid traceability. You can however change the email addresses that are blocked by editing the BlockEmailDomains.txt file and deleting or adding entries.

You should have received an email at your notification address (specified in the Settings.xml file) with an XML file containing details of the sale and a separate email which is a copy of the email that would have been sent to the customer (had their address not being blocked).

Have you gone through the help documentation - it has step by step guidance on this.
usman4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: License Generation Reply with quote

THANK YOU for your post. Would you please let me know whether "MyProduct.ser" file gets updated in the Evaluation Version of IPN.net or not. I get the same License key generated each time. How can i generate a new license key every time

Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The evaluation version of the Licensing System (ILS) is restricted to only generate licenses with password TEST and one serial number - hence IPN can only generate one license key.

If you have bought ILS then you can provide your ILS license key to the IPN Server (see the instructions in the online help for IPN) - which will then allow the IPN evaluation to generate licenses without restriction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: