Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About ApplicationData folder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: About ApplicationData folder Reply with quote

Hello
in the recent post http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=426 you said:

Quote:

Another option worth considering is changing the location of the license file so that it stored in the Common Application data directory (rather than next to the DLL). The following code in your derived EncryptedLicenseProvider class would achieve this:

Code:

protected override string GetLicenseDirectory(LicenseContext context, Type type)
        {
            string path = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData);
            path += @"\MyProduct";
            return path;
        }

public override EncryptedLicense InstallLicense(Type type, string licenseKey)
        {
            string path = GetLicenseDirectory(LicenseManager.CurrentContext, type);
            Directory.CreateDirectory(path);   
            return base.InstallLicense(type, licenseKey);
        }

protected override string GetLicenseFilePath(LicenseContext context, Type type)
        {
            string directory = GetLicenseDirectory(context, type);         
            return directory + "\\ControlCollection.lic";
        }

and
Quote:

For this reason we are changing our own controls to store the license file in a known external location (ie common application data).

I agree this is the best method for storing license file.

Unfortunately, I don't have an OS other than XP Professional, and I cannot test where license file is written.
Since I'm writing the documentation for my customers, could you please specify what is the equivalent of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ for other OS?
i.e.: where license file is written in XPHome, Win98, NT2000, Win2003, etc. ?

Thank you
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you check Microsoft's documentation and perhaps Google on this. The paths for XP Home, Win2003 and XP Professional will I think all be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
I suggest you check Microsoft's documentation and perhaps Google on this.

Ok, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: