Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are multiple headers possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scabandari_Bloodeye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Are multiple headers possible Reply with quote

I am wondering if it is possible to have new headers for different levels, such that when I drill down another header appears for the newly appearing section.

Thats a ss of my control, it's set up currently such that when for example I select a child row like POID 17440, the column headers will redraw to show the selected levels data, and I hide the other levels data. However I need all data showing all the time, ideally, above the two 17440 entries there would be another header and the origional main header would remain as it is so I can show the parent data always.
What route should I be taking to accomplish this?
Thanks[/img]
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you can't do exactly what you want - which is essentially multiple sets of overlapping columns. We will have a think about whether this might be possible to add as a feature. In the meantime you have two options:

1. Set the ContextSensitive = false for columns that display data for the main level (this will however mean that you have empty columns for the child rows)

2. Use combined columns. eg if your if top level items need a column called "Name" you could merge this with the column called PONumber (ie the column text would be Name/PONumber). Then you map the appropriate field of each row type to this column.

You might want to consider whether you really need the extra complexity. Generally users find it very easy to select a top level item when they need to see this data - and then it is always displayed
Scabandari_Bloodeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a great feature to add, it's the style myself and our lead programmer decided would work best for our customer. For now, I will be using your suggestion of extending the column header caption. Thanks for the quick responce.

-Tyler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: