Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

asp.net impersonation problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joecodino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: asp.net impersonation problem Reply with quote

If I use impersonation <identity impersonate="true" userName="xxx" password="xxx"/> in web.config, ValidateLicenseKey returns null...
How can I solve this?
Joe
joecodino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: issue found Reply with quote

I can see with Filemon.exe some access to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder... If I add modify permission to my custom user everything works fine, but I'd like to avoid this... Who access that folder? The .NET framework or the Licensing.dll?
Joe
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default ILS uses the MachineKeyStore for cryptographic parameters when not in an interactive process (ie when called from a service or ASP.NET). This is because using the user key store in these circumstances causes issues if there is no logged on user.

If you have bought ILS then you can simply comment out the following lines of code in the EncryptedLicenseProvider class:

Code:

if (!Environment.UserInteractive)
{
     cspParams.Flags = CspProviderFlags.UseMachineKeyStore;
}

This will mean that the user key store will be used. We intend to add a property to allow you to control this behaviour in the next release.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the demo so I can't do it now.
Commenting out that line in an asp.net environment can create problems?
I check license from an httphandler with an user impersonation (not the ASPNET account that has read/write access to the MachineKey folder), this custom user is not currently logged in (administrator is logged in).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: