Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed Version 2 Features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Proposed Version 2 Features Reply with quote

In version 2 of the Licensing System we are proposing to add the following features:

- New classes to provide application support for time and usage limited evaluations
- Improved license manager with customer database and facilities to manage distribution of license keys via etailers such as ShareIt
- Customizable import facilities to allow customer, evaluation and purchase data to be imported from distributors such as ShareIt.

If there are other features that you would like to see supported let us know.
tim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when 2.0 will be released?

Tim
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much functionality we attempt to include - but within the next 4 weeks is the aim. The generalized mechanism for importing of customer and purchase data from etailers is probably the most work

We would welcome feedback on what priorities customers have for new features. We may break it up into 2 separate releases so that we can get the most wanted functionality out there sooner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, this is how I would list your suggestions in terms of importance in regards to my app:

1. New classes to provide application support for time and usage limited evaluations
2. Customizable import facilities to allow customer, evaluation and purchase data to be imported from distributors such as ShareIt.
3. Improved license manager with customer database and facilities to manage distribution of license keys via etailers such as ShareIt

I must say of all of these though, support for time limitations would be greatly appreciated and ideal for my app.

Tim
John Dann

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree - point [1] would be the top priority for me too. I'd be happy to see an interim v2 with just this additional feature as soon as possible.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. We can certainly get out an interim release with the time limited features. This will probably take bit over a week to complete.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

- Improved license manager with customer database and facilities to manage distribution of license keys via etailers such as ShareIt
- Customizable import facilities to allow customer, evaluation and purchase data to be imported from distributors such as ShareIt.

Any idea when version 2.0 with these features will be released?

Tim
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been a little delayed with getting the interim 1.1 release out and work on other products - but we are still aiming for about 2 weeks time. We'll keep you posted.
tim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. No rush, just curious.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: