Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Studio 2003 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use VS2003 or VS2005?
We use VS2005
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
We use VS2003 but plan to migrate to VS2005 soon
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
We use VS2003 and have no plans to migrate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Visual Studio 2003 Support Reply with quote

We have had some requests for new Virtual Tree features that can only be supported under Visual Studio 2005. This would require producing a VS2005 only version of Virtual Tree and would probably mean that we would no longer include new features in the existing version, which is compatible with both VS2003 and VS2005 (ie it would go into maintenance mode).

Before we make a decision on this however we want to give our customers a chance to provide some feedback. If you use Virtual Tree then please have a look at the poll above.

Last edited by Infralution on Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
flc.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Infralution Team

We plan to migrate to VS2005 soon. If you can ensure Support and Bug Fixing for the VS2003 Version its OK for us.

Best Regards
Giuseppe
snympi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Good idea Reply with quote

Going with full VS2005 compatibility is a fantastic idea. There will be a requirement to keep a version available with VS2003 support, but I would suggest taking the leap to VS2005 sooner rather than later. Full support for all the new 2005 features is very important to us.

Regards

Pieter
Cadiz Stockbroking
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current version does fully support VS2005. However to allow full use of the new ContextMenuStrip class for all Virtual Tree context menus we would need to implement a VS2005 only version. This is mainly a look and feel issue and doesn't really affect functionality.
jwat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: VS2003 vs. VS2005 Reply with quote

I don't mind if the VS2003 is deprecated. The doors opened by using VS2005 justify any imaginary risks of staying with VS2003. Please make the switch as soon as possible and give the contextmenustrip, insert, delete and new item row functionality ASAP.
Love the product and love to see it better.
mwe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VS2005 and .NET Framework 2.0 the way to go. We are currently porting our 2003 code to 2005. All new .NET code we write we do so using .NET 2.0.

B.T.W. have you started looking at what's comming? WPF is really something different. I think it would be wise starting to plan for that transition.

Magnus Werner, System Architect
------------------------------------------
Saab Training Systems AB
Harri_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I vote?
(i.s.o saying we use vs2005 only)
mwe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harri_ wrote:
How do I vote?
(i.s.o saying we use vs2005 only)

You got to be logged in. Did the trick for me Smile .

Magnus Werner, System Architect
------------------------------------------
Saab Training Systems AB
Harri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be the solution then; it also worked for me Very Happy Thnx
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we didn't have a high percentage of customers responding - those who did have all been in favour of creating a VS2005 only version.

The plan is to produce one more release of the VS2003 compatible version of Virtual Tree. This will provide support for RightToLeft layout (to support Arabic and other RightToLeft languages) as well as some other minor fixes.

As the VS2005 only version will effectively be a new product we will be charging for the upgrade. This will be a reasonable fee - our current thoughts are about $US30 per single seat license. As has been the case with the current version of Virtual Tree, minor updates to this version will then be free.
MHB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're currently stuck with 2003 due to some of our customers not having upgraded to .net2, but when they do, we'll switch to 2005 entirely.

Charging for the upgrade is acceptable, but perhaps a few convincing selling points would be a good idea? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: