Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing data in License Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Rowley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Changing data in License Tracker Reply with quote

Hi, is there a way to change data in license tracker?

I had generated some keys that I needed to assign to a different distributor (they were originally assigned to me). I could not find a way to change the distributor after they were generated.

I tried deleting and regenerating them but then I couldn't recreate keys with the same serial numbers. (Incidentally, is the key always the same for the same serial number?)

On a related topic, can I change where the license database is stored? it would be good to store it where it is backed up with data files rather than in the Program Files directory.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the simplest thing is to open the database (License.mdb) in access and make the change directly in the LicenseKey table. To change the location of the database you can edit the "LicenseTracker.exe.config" file found in the LicenseTracker database and change the following line:

Code:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=License.mdb" />

To set a full path to where you want to shift the License.mdb to.
Andrew Rowley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a version of Access that works with the database format.

Is there any way to re-enter the keys in license tracker?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could select the keys and copy them to clipboard and save them in a file. Then delete the keys. Then use the Import Keys function to reimport the keys and associate them with a new Distributor. Note you will need the latest version (4.2.1) of ILS because the previous version had a bug in the Key Import method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: