Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Associating serial numbers with keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Rowley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Associating serial numbers with keys Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible in the license tracker to export a list of keys with serial numbers, eg copy to clipboard?
Also is it possible to enter sales and select the key by the serial number?

What I would like to do is:
- Do a mail merge type of thing to generate sticky labels with keys and serial numbers
- Record serial number/customer information and enter it later in the license tracker. It's easier to record a serial number than the key.

Thanks

Andrew Rowley
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can copy the selected license keys to the clipboard (using the Copy to Clipboard right mouse menu). But this does not copy the serial number for the license. Normally the serial number is not important to the end customer.

You could write your customer information out to an XML file and use License Tracker's customizable import capability to import the data at a later date.

If the serial number capability is really important to you could purchase the source code for the License Tracker application and make the changes you want. Note that License Tracker uses our Virtual Data and Virtual Tree products and you need to purchase licenses for these if you want to make changes.
Andrew Rowley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keys without the serial numbers are ONLY useful for electronic distribution. Anything else and it is much easier to use the serial numbers.

In the example I gave the distribution is via sticky labels. with the key stuck to a CD case. In that case it is much easier to report sales via serial number than key.

Also I have had a customer purchase 20 copies of my software. It would be much easier for them to manage which keys are in use for which PCs using serial numbers rather than the keys themselves. It is easy to report the serial number in the About box.

I am not really interested in modifying License Tracker myself. I think it would be easier to write my own, closer to what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: