Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASP.NET Application InstallILSLicense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopdahl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: ASP.NET Application InstallILSLicense Reply with quote

Hi:

I've written an ASP.NET application to generate encrypted licenses. I followed these instructions from the FAQ:

"Both methods of generating keys require that you have an ILS license installed to generate keys with a password other than "TEST". If your generator application is an ASP.NET application, then the ILS License must be installed in the ASP.NET App_Data directory and is authenticated against the web server domain name. To install the ILS license in the App_Data directory you must write a web page that allows you to enter your ILS license key and then calls the LicenseUtilities.InstallILSLicense method. "

The call to InstallILSLicense is returning TRUE, but nothing appears in the App_Data directory, and when I try to generate new keys, I still get the "Only "Test" password is allowed"... error.

I am integrating with the database and I think this license key installation is therefore required.

Any help on what I can check would be great. I can provide the original Order Number and license key purchased by my company if necessary.

[EDIT] It occurred to me that perhaps I can use the database functionality from the libraries which seems to be working, and include your ASP.NET C# source code to handle the key generation without requiring an installed license. Does this sound possible if there isn't an easy solution to the licensing issue?

Thanks.
Dave
dopdahl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

With a bit more poking around I resolved the issue. I didn't have write permissions on the App_Data directory for IIS_IUSRS

Once I enabled write permissions the license file showed up and everything works as expected...

Thanks,
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: