Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Generator - Product.Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBartlett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Custom Generator - Product.Info Reply with quote

I want to use some customer input (i.e. User ID) in the generation of encrypted licence files; it seems that Product Info is correct for this. I presume this information can be input by the user during the shopping phase (as per purchase.html sample). Do you have any sample code demonstrating how this info is collected and then posted for use in the licence file generation? All of your License Tracker examples are excellent, and very helpful. I haven't found something similar for the purpose I mention. Many thanks, Dale
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a bit tricky. First you have to get PayPal to pass you this data through the IPN mechanism. I believe it is possible to use the IPN custom field for this - but I'm not sure on the mechanism of how you get it from your input form into the custom field. The PayPal IPN documentation should provide some guidance.

Secondly IPN.NET does not know what you want to do with the custom field when it is received. Currently this would require you to purchase the IPN.NET source code to modify it to take the custom field and put it in the ProductInfo when generating a license. This is a relatively trivial change - but at the moment it does require a source code change to support this.
DBartlett

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the PayPal IPN documentation, the custom field you mention appears to be from the Merchant to PayPal, not from the Payer to the Merchant:
"custom - Custom value as passed by you, the merchant. These are pass-through variables that are never presented to your customer". There was no spare filed under Payer that could be used. I am now considering generating the licences as required via the ILS tool and not using IPN.NET. To do that I need to receive a Payment Notification (Import Definitions) to import into ILS. I cannot find any documentation on how to generate these attachments if not using PayPal or Shareit. Can you please point me to some examples?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: