Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WooCommerce - Possible to use with ILS + IPN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kccool2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: WooCommerce - Possible to use with ILS + IPN? Reply with quote

hi guys,

is it even possible to utilise Infralution ILS and IPN with WooCommerce?

So when a customer buys a digital product on my store, through woocommerce, can I have ILS and IPN pick those payments up and then generate the license keys?

I'v already got the whole ILS and IPN generating and emailing license keys after purchase working, but using paypal generated "buy now" buttons.

I can't find one thing in WooCommerce to give a product the paypal product ID that ILS recognizes, so I think thats where this issue lies.

As the generated buy now buttons from paypal, they give you the option to include the products ID/Name, which is what I have in ILS, and so when I make a purchase using the buy now buttons, it's all successful, but when I make a purchase of a product through woocommerce, nothing happens, for obvious reasons.

So, am I missing something here guys? Or is ILS+IPN+WooComm just a no-go?

Thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you turn on tracing (as described in the help) then you can have a look at the variables being posted by PayPal when it notifies IPN.NET. This should include an item_number variable - which should correspond to what you set in License Tracker for the IPN.NET item number.
Kccool2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got tracing turned on, but after following the WooCOmmerce setup instructions for the paypal gateway, I had to change the IPN URL that you set from within your paypal account, from:

www.mywebsite.com/ipn/Default.aspx

to

www.mywebsite.com/?=API_PayPal_Gateway

So now after doing that, IPN?/ILS doesn't register an traces because it's not being called for via paypal.

I even tried adding "?=API_PayPal_Gateway" after www.mywebsite.com/ipn/Default.aspx, but that still didn't create any trace logs after a purchase.

Anyway, what do you think? Am I missing an important step here?

Thank you! Smile
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If IPN.NET is not configured as the PayPal IPN URL then it simply won't work. I don't know if you can configure PayPal to post IPN notifications to multiple URLs but I doubt it. The question would be why does Woo Commerce require notification by PayPal if it isn't actually processing the payment - I assume this might just be for record keeping.
Kccool2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling WooCommerce uses the IPN to know when a payment has been made (either successfully or failed) so then the plugin itself (Woocommerce) can then set an order's status? So if a payment failed, then the plugin can then display on that order - "Pending"/"Failed" etc.

Well, that's WooCommerce out the window then!

Thank you for your replies, I shall continue on without Woo!

All the best!
lc43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up question on this: it looks like there are services now that offer IPN forwarding, thereby allowing you to set up multiple IPNs for one product. Would this work with Infralution + WooCommerce?

This website gives a brief overview. I would think it would work, but wasn't sure if I was missing something:

https://zapier.com/blog/how-use-multiple-ipns-paypal/

Also this one:

https://support.thrivecart.com/help/paypal-setting-up-multiple-ipns/

Thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original answer to this question was before IPN.NET introduced support for the JSON Web API and Zapier integration. I see that WooCommerce also supports Zapier - so theoretically it should be possible to use Zapier integrate the two and have IPN.NET generate license keys upon sale. I have not tried this myself.
DBartlett

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any update on this?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Ic43 tried the approach I suggested. We typically don't have the resources to try configuring integrations with all the different ecommerce vendors - but happy to provide support to you if you want to set it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: