Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving the authentication server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Moving the authentication server Reply with quote

I need to move the authentication server, and I don't want to mess up the information, so I prefer to ask to make sure. What steps do I need to take to transfer the information smoothly to the new server? I have ILS 5.11.2. Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you changing the URL (domain name) that will be used for the authentication server? This has more implications and would require you to recompile your application software to use the new URL.
Javier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My domain name will be the same. My current authentication server is with GoDaddy, called Windows Classic. Now GoDaddy has a new Windows hosting plan which is cheaper and better, according to them. I want to move to that plan. They say that they will move everything to the new server, but I guess I need to configure the server again? How do I transfer the data? According to them, the new plan has all the applications of the old plan, including the required MS Access. Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the option I would probably stick with the current plan. If you are using the same URL and were using Microsoft Access then they should be able to migrate your service for you to the new plan. Otherwise you can follow the instructions in the Infralution help to configure the Authentication Service as a web service on the new server and then just copy your AppData directory from your previous installation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: