Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change License Server IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bios.restore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Change License Server IP Reply with quote

Hi,
how is possible to change the ip address of the License Server and/or load a new IP on a client.
At the moment I wait for the software to arise an error and only at that moment I'm able to write the right IP of the server.
One more question, after an error, due to the impossibility to reach the license server, the user has the chance to click on Evaluate, how can I avoid this chance?

Regards,
BR
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are asking about Floating licenses here? The default behaviour of the sample code if a floating license has previously been installed but the server cannot be contacted is to give the user an option to Retry or Cancel. If they Cancel then they are shown the Evaluation screen again. This gives them the option to either run in Evaluation mode (if the Evaluation hasn't expired) or to Install the License. Clicking on the Install License button allows them to change the server address. If you don't want the Evaluation Dialog shown in this circumstance or otherwise change the behaviour then you can change the code for this in the Program.Main method.
bios.restore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Change License Server IP Reply with quote

Thank you for the answer.
Yes we talk about the Floating License.
But what if I just want to change a working server with another one?
So to use another server, changing the actual one, I should stop the server and wait for the program ask me for a new IP.
Right?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put an option in your program to call Program.InstallLicense to allow the user to change the license at any time.
bios.restore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnk you, I'll try to follow your suggestion.

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: