Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Communicate With Hosted Authentication Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Can't Communicate With Hosted Authentication Service Reply with quote

So I've started a ILS trial and am trying to get the remote service configured.

It's deployed and running. I've run through the Install.aspx all seemed to complete (save the error message when attempting to delete Install.aspx file).

However, when I then setup License Tracker to use this service it always errors with a SoapException saying Invalid License Tracker Key. I'm specifying the "Remote Database" option.

Is this due to me being on a Trial or is something else going wrong here? I'm a bit lost, the documentation on the service and deployment seems a little thin.

I've tried connecting with the Use New Configuration Key option but I get the same error.

I then deleted the whole service and redeployed but I just get the same error.

I just read this thread:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2495

That seems to suggest that if you end up in this situation you need to find the old database ... my install is completely new.

Have I destroyed the ability to even recover from this situation without reinstalling everything from scratch?

This seems terrifying that this cul-de-sac could happen in a situation with real licenses.

Any pointers appreciated.

James
Jammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Typical isn't it.

I redeployed again. During install I selected to reset the key. Ran to the end, reconfigured the service URL in License Tracker, set remote database and "Use New Configuration Key".

Boom ... connected and up and running.

So, in a live scenario. Could I re-upload Install.aspx, run through that and select "Reset Configuration Key" during that run and keep the live remote data intact?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes running Install.aspx again won't change your current data (unless you change the database that it is using of course). Uploading the Install.aspx and resetting the key is the fix if you accidentally check the "Use New Configuration Key" option from License Tracker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: