Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import and export of comments (properties files)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archaeopteryx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Import and export of comments (properties files) Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using Globalizer for the translation of properties files and I'm quite satisfied so far. I have a request though:

Inside my properties files, I have comments like:
Quote:

# Context information for the translator
# max. string length: 24 characters
MyContext = Health

While scanning my properties files, these comments are discarded. I can fill in the column 'comment' in the Globalizer UI manually, however, when building the properties files, these comments are not preserved, meaning they do not show up in the properties file generated by Globalizer.

We do have multiple comments inside our properties files, which are useful for the translator (context information, length restrictions). Manual handling of these comments (copy/paste to comment field) is quite tedious, so I would like to request an import/export feature for comments inside properties files.

There might be need for discussion about implementation details, I'm happy to discuss these issues once there is consent that this feature does make sense in general (and you are willing to implement it).

Thanks
Andreas

Last edited by archaeopteryx on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK we will look at this and see what we can do.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globalizer 4 has now been released and supports scanning property file comments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: