Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor Bug in Licensing Solution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Minor Bug in Licensing Solution Reply with quote

There is a minor bug in the License Provider and the License Install Form.

Often, a longer key will get split into two lines by email programs. The License Install Form provides a multi line textbox so that the user can paste in the key even if it is in multiple lines.

This works fine, and the license is accepted and written to the license file. The problem is that next time the program is run, it asks for the license key again because the license file has the key split into multiple lines. If I edit the license file with a text editor and remove the offending carriage return, everything works fine.

So the problem is that .lic files are written with multiple lines which are not later accepted.

I would prefer a solution on the reading side since many customers already have these semi valid license files on their disks.

Don
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - we will fix this in the next release. You can fix this yourself by changing the code in ReadKeyFromFile (or overriding it in a derived class) so that it reads the entire file rather than just the first line.
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually a trivial fix. Just replace ReadLine() with ReadToEnd() in ReadKeyFromFile and it fixes the problem.

I just wanted others to be aware of it because it caused me a lot of grief with customers until we figured out what was going on.

Don
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now fixed in version 2.2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: