Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: General Info Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking at this product for my licensing needs and have a few general questions.

If I don't use the Web Service and opt for Encrypted keys what is the general flow? I'm assuming that I'll need to integrate some e-commerce paypal hook up on my site and then I'm assuming I manually check for purchases, generate a key in License Tracker and email that to the user?

I've currently got a support ticket in with my hosting provider as my site is a Wordpress site but they offer Hybrid Linux / Windows hosting so I'm confirming with them that switching to Hybrid would allow the hosting of the Authentication web service.

I'm also considering the IPN system but I'm slightly confused about how this works with the License Tracker. It states on your site that license generation is all handled Offline but it states in the IPN page that this automates license generation and fulfillment automatically. Does this simply assign pre-generated licences to purchases rather than actually generating licenses?

Thanks,

James
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you aren't using Authenticated Licenses (ie you are using Simple Encrypted Licenses) then you don't need a web site to host the Authentication Server. You just generate license keys using License Tracker and send them to your customers.

License Tracker can import sales data from a range of 3rd party ecommerce platforms (eg PayPal, MyCommerce) or you can customize it to read data from any XML or CSV file. This makes it easy to get the customer data into License Tracker. For 3rd party sales you can pre-generate license keys that they then distribute.

IPN.NET opens even more alternatives. I'm not sure where you found the "Offline" statement - but it is definitely online. It can automatically generate new license keys when it receives sales notifications from PayPal and emails the customers. It also has a secure JSON web interface which allows you to automate generation of license keys from your own ecommerce platform or use integration tools such as Zapier.
Jammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I was conflating the Authentication Service with IPN ...

"the Infralution authentication web service does not include key generation logic or data."

I think I need to just download it all and have a play. Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: