Joined: 28 Feb 2005
|Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 am Post subject: How do I move License Tracker to a new computer?
|Follow the steps below:
1. Run the License Tracker Database Configuration Wizard on the current machine to confirm what database type you installed and where the database located (by default it is an Access database under C:\ProgramData\Infralution\ILS).
2. Copy this database to the same location on the new computer. For Access you can just copy the database file. For SQL Server you will need to make a backup using SQL Server and then restore it onto a new SQL Server instance on the new machine.
3. Uninstall the ILS software from the old computer and when asked select “Yes” to remove the license from this computer (this will allow you to install the license on the new computer)
4. Install the software on the new computer and specify the database type and new location
5. Run the software and install the license key that was sent to you when you purchased.