Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 6 Remote Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Version 6 Remote Access Reply with quote

So in v5 we could open a remote desktop services (rdp) session to the pc where we have ILS installed when not physically sat at the PC.

You seem to have blocked that now in v6?

What is the recommended way now to remotely access my system; I was travelling this week and one of my new customers had an issue with key generation and i wasn't expecting issues in opening ILS from an rdp session when trying to sort out!

Not so cool feature from this use case then!

Julian
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 6 includes a "Block Terminal Services" option which provides the ability to control whether users can run the licensed application under Terminal Services and/or Citrix. This is to prevent customers purchasing a single user license then installing it under Terminal Services and using it for multiple users. Remote Desktop Services uses the Terminal Services framework and so is also affected by this option.

The "Block Terminal Services" option is enabled by default for License Tracker. Users who want to configure access to License Tracker via Terminal Services need to purchase a site license.

There are several other options out there for remote control of a single PC that are not affected by this option including TeamViewer and UltraVNC. These can be configured so that you can connect at any time to your PC just like Remote Desktop.
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I absolutely understand the need to block terminal services BUT whilst you are blocking at protocol level only I think this is misguided.

YES block terminal services access (inc RDP) on ILS installed on a server operating system BUT don't for goodness sake block when ILS is installed on a client OS such as Windows 7 or 8 (Remote Desktop is only available on Pro and above anyway).

Surely your checks just need to also include checking of what OS ILS is installed on?

Julian
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - we will look at incorporating an additional check on the operating system in a future release to allow remote desktop to work for non-server operating systems.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue was addressed in Version 6.1.2 which now will only block RDP if the system the software is installed on uses a Server OS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: