Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make sure that Net Encryptor is working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: How to make sure that Net Encryptor is working Reply with quote

I would like to know if there's a way to test the final application to make sure that Net Encryptor is working fine. I haven't tried to tamper my own application, if this is the only way to test it.

Is there like a parameter that you can check internally that says "Net Encryptor has been successfully activated" or anything like that? If not, this is my contribution to improve the program. Right now it's like something that we know is there in the background, but we don't know for sure if it's working or not.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have followed the samples and encrypted your application exe and dlls and included them as resources in the bootstrap (and you don't distribute the unencrypted assemblies) then you are protected. You can download a decompiler (such as IL Spy (free) or .NET Reflector) and use it to check what you can see if you decompile the code you distribute. The main bootstrap assembly (which launches your application) will be able to be decompiled - however you should not be able to see any of your actual application code.
Javier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you have followed the samples and encrypted your application exe and dlls and included them as resources in the bootstrap (and you don't distribute the unencrypted assemblies) then you are protected

It's not that I don't believe in your word, but how difficult would be to implement my suggestion of a flag (green / red) variable, indicating that Net Encryptor is activated? That way we wouldn't need to check our applications with an external decompiler.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you want that flag to appear. You don't really want a popup message when you run your application saying "Protected by .NET Encryptor" do you? If you do use a decompiler to see what a hacker might be able to see in your code then you only have to do this once. There is no real possibility that .NET Encryptor will suddenly stop working and since you don't distribute your original assemblies that means you are protected. You don't even have to use a decompiler to verify this - just check you are not distributing your original assemblies. I only suggested using the decompiler as a way for you to see that .NET Encryptor does in fact prevent use of these tools to recover your code.
Javier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I include all my assemblies in the bootstrap as embedded resources. I only distribute the resulting .exe that contains everything, not the individual assemblies. However, I recently saw a video in Youtube about my cracked application, that's why I'm concerned that I'm doing something wrong.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it is not possible for any system which deploys compiled code to a customers computer to be 100% crack proof - so it is possible that your application has been cracked. One important consideration is to ensure that you are deploying the release version of your application to customers - not the debug version. The debug version of the Bootstrap project allows the executable to be debugged - which makes cracking much easier. It also does not enable some of the anti-cracking measures which are enabled in the release version (by calling AssemblyLoader.CheckProcessIntegrity).

If you send the youtube link to support@infralution.com we would be happy to take a look and see if we can help understand what the crackers may have done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: