Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkboxes showing as "F"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meijerj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Checkboxes showing as "F"? Reply with quote

Dear all,

I hope somebody is able to give me some pointers on how to solve an issue I have come across with on application that's using the VirtualTree software (version 4).

I am supporting users of an application that was developed for us. Most users have no problem with the GUI and they see the application as below:

A few others however do not see the checkboxes but an "F" (I assume of False, an unchecked checkbox), and can't do anything. They are all using Windows 7 (like me), english version. This is what they see:

Any suggestions or ideas on solving this? For your information, I don't have personal access to the sourcecode of the application, so I am looking for clues why it works on most systems on not on some other (almost) similar systems.

Thanks!
Johan
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will probably need to contact the application developer - and they can contact us if necessary. A few questions that may help:

What exact version of Virtual Tree is it using?

Do the users who have the issue always have the problem - or is it only sometimes?

What are the exact details of the operating systems (Version and 32/64 bit) that have issues? Are they running on virtual machines. Any other differences from machines that work?

You could also download and install Virtual Tree (from www.infralution.com/downloads.html) on one of the machines that has the issue. The File Browser sample which you can run is similar to the application you have problems with and displays a checkbox against folders/files in the left hand pane. If this is not working we may be able to assist - but it would still require your application developer to update their software.
meijerj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have received some info from the developer:

The Virtual Tree version used is 4.1.2.0. The .Net application was compiled with the option "Any CPU", so should support both 32 and 64 bit.

All users, including myself are on Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit, no virtual machines, just desktops/laptops (I continue gathering other OS options...). I will try the FileBrowser sample with a user that has the issue.

The users that have the issue, have it always. It is not something that happens sometimes.

You can download the GUI yourself (and test it) from http://www.globio.info

Thanks again...
Johan
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite an old version of Virtual Tree (released in 2013). The latest version is 4.8.6. If they have a Version 4 license they can upgrade to 4.8.6 at no cost. This would be the first thing I would recommend as we don't chase down bugs in older versions.
meijerj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The developer was so kind to upgrade and compile our application with the latest Virtual Tree version.
As before it works fine at my PC, and unfortunately our user that experiences the issue still sees the F-s, instead of checkboxes.

These are the basic properties of her laptop:
Windows 7 Enterprise (Service Pack 1)
System type: 64-bit Operating system
Language: English
Format: English (UK with “.” As decimal)

Any suggestions of where to look for clues are welcome.

Johan
meijerj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just received in an interesting update from the user experiencing the issue. She tested whether the application worked for a colleague who has a similar laptop: the application works fine. Now this colleague logs on to her laptop with his username and the application now also works (so displaying checkboxes in stead of F-s).

So the question now is: what kind of user policy would be affecting the Virtual Tree software to behave this way?

Any thoughts?
Johan
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to try would be to have the customer install the Virtual Tree installer (from www.infralution.com/downloads.html). This includes some compiled sample programs. One of these sample programs "File Browser" uses checkbox editors in a similar way. If this also doesn't display checkboxes (next to the file tree on the right) then it may point an issue with Virtual Tree - otherwise it may be an application programming issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: