Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License service installation fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: License service installation fails Reply with quote

My license service package installs fine sometimes, and sometimes it fails. Weird. The problem then should be the timing, which triggers an error message. I found this, which could be the reason of the problem:
Quote:
The most likely cause is that your service startup times out, which means that it doesn't update its "start pending" status often enough with the Windows Service Control Manager. As a result, the SCM times out and returns an error message to the installer, even though your service may be continuing its startup process in the background.
To resolve this, make sure that your ServiceMain() function calls SetServiceStatus() regularly to update the wait hint or the check point value.

Any idea how to implement this solution, or any other solution to this problem? I use ILS 5 and C#. Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not really an ILS problem - more a windows service problem. I have never seen that issue with the sample license server project - is your service essentially doing the same thing? Does the problem happen when installing the service or when starting it? Have you checked the event log for any errors?
Javier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my service is essentially doing the same thing. It's based on the sample project. The problem arises when starting the service. The event log says the following:
Quote:
The license service failed to start due to the following error. The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. A timeout was reached while waiting for the license service to connect.

When I check the list of services it shows the service installed and "started", but it was started late in the background, after the event timeout. The difference with the sample project is that I install the service using my installer, rather than the command prompt as done in the sample. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it repeatable? Does it happen on different machines? If you install it and run it from the command line does the same thing happen? If you try installing and running the sample licence server service does it do the same thing on this machine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: