Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorting with Programmatic Binding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EntityDev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Sorting with Programmatic Binding Reply with quote

With support's help, I am able to set up the tree so that it displays data in something other than a strictly hierarchical fashion. This requires that I handle the tree's GetChildren event.

A read of the documentation makes it clear that I can handle sorting programmtically as well. What is not so clear is whether or not I must handle sorting programmatically, when the GetChildren event is handled. My experimentation seems to suggest that the answer is yes.

So, to be clear: If I so much as stub out the GetChildren event handler, is the ITypedList-provided sorting permanently disabled? Or, is it supposed to work, provided that the developer get the tricky business of programmatic databinding working just so?

Thanks once again.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are handling the GetChildren event then you will also need to handle the sorting. This means your GetChildren handler will need to check the current SortColumn of the tree and sort the collection returned by the GetChildren event accordingly.
EntityDev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly noted. Thank you once again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: