Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving/Migrating standalone database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxPower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Moving/Migrating standalone database Reply with quote

We are currently changing our host provider where our standalone database (SQL Server)/Authentication srvice is located.

We now have a VPS where we have full access to the server. I've installed the Authentication service under IIS and it's working fine as the http://<IP>/AuthenticationService.asmx shows. I've also run the install.aspx to configure the authentication service to use an access database and reset the configuration key.

I've had some trouble getting the right installer (x32) for the Jet provider, but managed to install it and also had to enable 32 bits application in the IIS Application pool.

When I use the license tracker, I change the address for the remote databse, check 'Remote Databse', 'Use new configuration key' and 'Upload authentification data', but an error occured saying' Error:Server was unable to process request--->Bad Data'

Is it because the new standalone database is empty (as I did not import old data from the old standalone databse) ? It is not clear whether I should do this.

In this case, is the following the right process :
- backup old database
- follow the install.aspx wizard to configure an SQL server instance (but do not check 'reset configuration key')
- import old data into the newly configure standalone database
- Launch Licence tracker, then configure server, and change address
- ???

Thanks in advance
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not get that error just because the database is empty. Is that the full error? Was there a stack trace or any more information?

The "Use new configuration key" option is designed to allow to change the key used to secure communication between License Tracker and the Authentication Server. Normally you should not have to use this. If you do use it then you must first run the Install.aspx page on the Authentication Web site and select the "Reset configuration key" option. This tells the Authentication Server to accept a new configuration key from License Tracker. I would recommend running the Install.aspx page again and selecting the "Reset configuration key" option - then try configuring from License Tracker again.
MaxPower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I did not manage to reproduce the problem as we have switched to SQL Server and not MS Access anymore.

Everything is going well, and we did not encounter this error again.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: