Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ChildProperty and ParentProperty Scope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EntityDev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: ChildProperty and ParentProperty Scope Reply with quote

I didn't want to pack all my questions into the Evaluation thread, so am creating these separately.

My business entities inherit from a base class.

When I add a new ObjectBinding, the ChildProperty and ParentProperty lists only contain the properties in the base class.

Is this by design? I note that I can manually type in the property name and it is recognized at run-time.

Thanks once again.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Virtual Tree editor will only display properties that belong to the TypeName that you have specified for the binding - have you specified the base class in the TypeName? At runtime it binds dynamically to the actual object property and so can resolve the property names.
EntityDev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't bind to the base class. I suppose that within the Entity Framework generated code, something confuses the VirtualTree. I'll create hand-rolled entities with inheritance and test them.
EntityDev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested with handwritten classes here at the office and the tree does indeed list all properties in both the base and inherited classes, in the ChildProperty and ParentProperty comboboxes, in the editor.

I'll look closely at my environment at home. Obviously, something is amiss.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: