Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organize Workspace Treeview by Namespace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkuebler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Organize Workspace Treeview by Namespace Reply with quote

I'm slowly building up a large number of resource files for a large, complex WPF application. Much of the application code is organized in folders/namespaces according to some of the high level feature areas.

Unfortunately, when I scan the project with Globalizer, I get a workspace tree for the project that just has every resource file in one long, flat list. This makes it harder to get a sense of the structure of the project and harder to find specific resources by browsing. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to have Globalizer mirror the folder/namespace structure of the files in the project. This would be a really useful feature to have, IMO.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this already by selecting the root node in the Workspace Explorer then, in the Settings tab, select the Files /Folders tab and deselect the "Flatten Folders" option. When you next scan the project folders will be included in the target hierarchy. Note that this changes the target path and so if you do this on an existing project it will appear as if you have new targets (with no translations) and targets that have changed will now appear as unused (with their existing translations).

If you want to change an existing project to use this then probably the best option is to create a new Globalizer Workspace, set this option and then add and scan your projects. Then you can import translations from your old workspace using the "Match On Invariant Text" option.
kevinkuebler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't see that setting before. Thanks for pointing it out, that worked perfectly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: