Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluation: Only one transaction stored on remote IPN db

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkgodfrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Evaluation: Only one transaction stored on remote IPN db Reply with quote

I have installed IPN (Evaluation) on my website and License Tracker on my computer. I used the default Access database on the website and IIS on my computer. When I click "Post" using the IPN Test tool, I get a "posted successfully" message, the appropriate customer email with the key is generated and sent, and I get a notification email. All good.

The problem is that when I use Licence Tracker to "Import Sales from IPN.NET", I get 7 transactions with different keys and slightly different times (one in the future). (For one click of the "Post Data" menu item!) If I change the customer name and post again, then "Import All Sales" into License Tracker, I get another 7 transactions for the new customer, and the old customer no longer shows up. If I post 3 transactions for 3 different customers, then "Import new Sales Only", I get only the 7 transactions for the last customer.

Downloading and opening the Ipn.mdb file shows only the last customer listed.

Can anyone (especially Infralutions) tell me what is going on?

Thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "transaction" do you mean that for each post you are getting 7 sales showing up in the "Sales" tab?

Generally you should only use the "Import New Sales" option. This will only import the sales that don't already exist. ILS and IPN.NET identify customers based on their email address. If you just change the customer name (but not the email address) then this will update the details (including name) for the customer with that email address. I think this is probably what is causing the confusion because you are probably using the same customer email address for each post from the Test Tool. If you use the same email address then the customer with that email will have their details updated and still have all the previous sales plus the new sale.
clarkgodfrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: THAT explains it! Reply with quote

That makes sense. I tried it using several different email addresses and still got only one customer, but the other "sales" were rejected because of invalid PayPal accounts, so I guess it still makes sense.

Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: