Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy / Purchase Now button for evaluation dialog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Buy / Purchase Now button for evaluation dialog Reply with quote

Hi

I'll preface this by saying that yes I know that I can modify the relevant forms however I think that there is a good case to be made for incorporating this within the product itself.

Ideally it would be nice if the evaluation dialog could have a Buy / Purchase button (personally I prefer Purchase but buy is acceptable (and shorter!)) which could take a variable (ie a specific url for that product) which would be set when the licence parameter is set up in infralution.

As things stand at present there is a fair bit of tinkering that needs to be done for each product.

Obviously not everyone would want such a feature so a simple visibility toggle (again set when configuring the licence parameter in infralution )should do the trick.

Thanks

Dom
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will put some thought into this. At the moment you have two options for doing this. You can inherit a new dialog from the EvaluationDialog and make changes (ie add a button) in the designer. Sometimes visual inheritance can be a bit tricky so an easier approach may be to modify the source code for the EvaluationDialog that we supply when you purchase.
Dom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this a bit further over it occurred to me that maybe this could be as simple as a couple of labels next to each other both of which could be set in dialog used to set up a new product in Infralution itself. so when set you'd end up with something like:

Purchase <ProductName> at: www.mysitespurchasepage (this bit would be displayed as a url)

These could be set either above or below the existing buttons. they would only be visible if there was a value in the link label value., but allows complete freedom to add what text you want (subject to a length limit) on the left hand side. This way using labels shouldn't fundamentally alter the existing layout of the forms. Admittedly it probably means you'd need a couple of extra fields in the product table of the license database but this way it becomes part of the normal process of setting up a new product and the information is stored permanently.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I see the need to include the information in the License database. The application code could simply set the required properties (URL and associated label text).
Dom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you're probably right, the only reason I'd contemplated the database as well was the fact that it makes it easier to review such product info from within infralution itself. That doesn't mean it's a great idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: