Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for WPF Beginner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metaraja@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Support for WPF Beginner Reply with quote

Hi,

I am evaluating Infralution_Globalizer (\x64\3.2.1.0) for my WPF application.

Mine is a WPF application with multiple layers/projects under single solution.
It is a plugin based architecture - in future multiple plugins will be loaded by my base application.

I have create a new work space for my solution using Infralution_Globalizer (Developer edition) and create a single ***.gxl file in my solution path. (Scan completed)
Right now i am targeting to support 2 languages (English and Spanish)

Question 1:
To check-in the source code in TFS - which of the following files I need to check-in ? (all below 3 points ?)
1. **.gxl file created in solution path
2. **.resx file created for each xaml file (from each project)
3. Resources.**.resx file created for each resource file in my solution.

Question 2:
C# code are written to access the Properties.Resources.*** keywords.
Inorder to access the languages specific values on run time - what code change must i do?
or how to access the language specific keys and values (from resource file) from c# ?
Please provide a code sample for the same.

Thanks
Raj
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 1: Yes you should check in all of those files.

Question 2: You don't need to do anything special. If your code displays strings from resources (via the Properties.Resource.* code wrapper) then when you change the UICulture for your application these strings will then be fetched from the translated resources (if any) matching the selected UICulture. Globalizer should automatically scan these resources, you translated them and then build the localized resx files for each culture using Globalizer. These are compiled into your project and when you change the UICulture the translated string should be displayed.
metaraja@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks team - for the immediate response.
Yemele

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Interact gxl and resx file Reply with quote

Hello,

I updated some values into the .gxl file but these values not updated into the corresponding .resx target file. Should i set something to allow that or i will make it manually myself?

Cheers,
Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to do a build (using the Target > Build All menu) to build the translations from the Workspace into the project Resx Files.
Yemele

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works... Thanks!
Yemele

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

is there a possibility to automatically import the new entered data from the resx file into the global gxl file?

Cheers,
Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - you need to run Target -> Scan All to import new translations
Yemele

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have many projects which each have multiple files and each file has resx-files (invariant and deutsch). i updated one of these resx-files (invariant or deutsch) and and want to get the updated data into the gobal file (gxl-file).
I started the gxl-file and right-clicked on the updated file over "Arbeitsbereich Navigator" and selected "Prüfen". But nothing done...

Ist the any solution for Problem?

Thanks and cheers!
Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prüfen is the German translation for "Validate" - this checks the translations for the target against various validation rules - for instance if the invariant has text with a placeholder eg {0} in it then the translations must also have that placeholder. If you want to scan in changes made in the resx file then you must use Scan (Durchsuchen). If you have made changes to culture specific resx files then you would need to select the "Scan all cultures" (first) option to import these.

Normally you should make changes to culture specific resources in Globalizer and then build the target to update the resx. If you make changes in the de.resx file for instance and then scan these using the "Scan all cultures" option you risk overwriting changes you made to the German translation in Globalizer if these had not already been built into the resx file.
Yemele

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i started the gobal file (gxl-file) and updated a translation over "Arbeitsbereich Navigator" and right-clicked only the updated file"Prüfen" but there is no change into the resx-file when i open it from window explorer...
How can i reolve it?

Thanks!
Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Validate (Prüfen) does not scan changed resx values and will make no changes to the Globalizer workspace. It just checks a bunch of rules and if there are problems reports them to the Errors window. You need to use Scan (Durchsuchen) to scan changed entries as I said in the last post.
Yemele

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i get an unexpected behavior on my ui.
Over Einstellung/settings, i selected "Standard RESX Name setzen" and into the xaml file was added at the top: ResxExtension.DefaultResxName="MyApp.HistoryView" and the control:
Code:
<TextBlock Text="{Resx TextBlock_myHistory}"
but on the ui was showed:
Code:
#TextBlock_myHistory (the key)
and not the text.

When i changed manually to:
Code:
 <TextBlock Text="{Resx ResxName=MyApp.HistoryView, Key=TextBlock_myHistory}"
it worked.

It is a possibility to make it automatically mit Globallizer? My xaml code is inside a UserControl...

Thanks for all!
Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally setting the DefaultResxName at the top of the XML file will work and reduces the amount of text for each localized element. There are, however, some XAML elements where this doesn't work. In these cases you can code these by hand or you can also turn off use of the Default ResxName altogether for a given XAML target (or even the whole workspace). To do this, select the WPF target in the Globalizer workspace and then select the Settings > WPF (Einstellungen > WPF) tab. Uncheck the "Set default ResxName" ("Standard RESX Name setzen") option. This will mean that the ResxName attribute will be inserted in each instance of the Resx Extension.
Yemele

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: gxl-files and resx-files merge Reply with quote

Hello,

i need to merge my target (gxl file) and my resources (resx files). Both contain differents entries...
- What is the best approch to solve it? Run first a "Scan all/Durchsuchen" or first a "Build All/Erstellen"?
- When i run "Scan/Durchsuchen" will the already tranlated into the target (gxl) overrite/delete(if not yet translated into resx-file)?
- When i run "Build/Erstellen" will the new entries into the resx-files removes (the entries that not exited into gxl-file)?
- When i select only one project or resource-file from target (over Arbeitsbereich) and run "Build All//Alles Erstellen" or "Scan All/Alles Durchsuchen" will all the target gxl-file (all projects and all resource-files) update or only the selected?

Thanks for your help,
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: