Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rene

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: OS Support Reply with quote

I am assuming that the Infralution Licensing System will work on Windows 98 and Windows Me OS platforms, is this assumption correct?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will work on those platforms.
basilrormose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: OS Support - Windows 98 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an application that is using the licnese manager with a custom generator. This picks up some machine specifics for the issue of the license key. Once the license has been validated, application loads an MDI form and opens a number of child forms, one of which loads the Internet Explorer ActiveX object.

The application without the licensing code works perfectly on all platforms. With the licensing code, it runs fine on XP, on Windows 98 however it causes the following exception:

"Could not instantiate ActiveX control '8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2' because the current thread is not in a single threaded apartment."

The ActiveX Control is: AxSHDocVW.AxWebBrowser and the exception occurs during the childform's InitialiseComponent call.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Basil
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does not look like a licensing issue. My guess is that you need to declare your Main() method as a single threaded apartment as follows:

[STAThread]
public static void Main()
{
Application.Run( new Form1());
}
basilrormose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Win 98 Reply with quote

You are right. We solved it last night - multi-threaded aprtment had been 'turned on' in error.

Thanks for the prompt replay in any case.

Basil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: