Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple license key emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Multiple license key emails Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently set up a friend with his own Infralution setup, and when a purchase goes through, his customers are getting multiple emails with the same license key. I've tested this independently, and it happens to me too. I get half a dozen key emails the first day, then several a day for a week or more.

We use the same hosting company (1and1.com) and similar configs, except for product names and such.

He also gets these warning emails from Paypal:

"Hello xxx,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.biz/IPN/

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal"

Any thoughts as to why the same email gets sent over and over? Also, if it helps, he only gets the one entry in the ILS application for the customer and key, so it doesn't get repeated in the db.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange. What version of IPN.NET are you using? Was your IPN.NET handler working previously without this problem? Are all the emails the same, do they contain the same license keys - or do some contain error messages?

You should turn on tracing (as described in the help) and then make (or wait for) a purchase and look at the trace log (http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.biz/IPN/trace.axd) to see if it gives any clues. Paypal will repost to the IPN Server if it detects an error - but if IPN.NET has already processed a transaction it checks the database and should not process the same sale transaction twice - unless this is a subscription payment - is it a subscription?
MPR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got him on version 4.0.2, and yes, all the emails are identical. No error messages are present in either the email or the xml logs.

It is a subscription payment type, and Paypal does set this up correctly. The only problem is the extra emails. I did another test purchase this afternoon and have already gotten 9 emails with the same key.

This has been a problem since we first set up the environment (on 2 different ISP's with the same domain - first hostgator and second 1and1) I'll give the trace a shot, unless you have any other suggestions.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can send me a copy of the trace output and also the notification log (XML) that is emailed to you, I will take a look at the problem.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I just checked the release notes. Version 4.0.2 had a bug that affected subscription payment processing - which is probably the problem. You should upgrade to 4.0.4 and let me know if the problem persists.
MPR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
MPR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No change yet since updating to 4.0.4. I got yet another key email today, but at least it tapers off after a few days to just one or 2 emails per day.

I'll try the trace this week and see if that yields any clues.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the email you received today a repeat of one generated before you installed 4.0.4?
MPR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a repeat email from test transactions (live) days earlier.

In the trace, I see one instance of the transaction posted with a status code 200 and no errors shown, then another with this message below.

SendEmail Exception (Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: Syntax error in parameters or arguments) - Retry 0 10.723389 0.029999
SendEmail Exception (Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: Syntax error in parameters or arguments) - Retry 1 11.954437 1.231048
Unhandled Execution Error
Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: Syntax error in parameters or arguments
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at IpnServer._Default.SendEmail(MailMessage message)
at IpnServer._Default.SendNotificationEmail()
at IpnServer._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I haven't seen any new transactions yet, nor have I tried to purchase another item just yet, until the trace can be analyzed or explained.

Edit: The status 200 message posted at 1:24:53 PM and the status 500 posted at 1:24:54 PM, one second later.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the complete traces (not just the error). Can you email them or just the URL for your server to support@infralution.com.

The error you are seeing looks like it is related to your SMTP mail settings. Below are some links to similar sorts of SMTP errors:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1347248.aspx?Mail+error+Syntax+error+in+parameters+or+arguments+The+server+response+was+5+7+1+xx+xx+xx+Permission+Denied+
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9365745/asp-net-error-sending-mail
http://www.dnnsoftware.com/forums/threadid/136246/scope/posts/site-smtp-configuration-problem

It looks like the problem may be that one (or more) of your "from" email addresses is being rejected by the SMTP server because it is not from the same domain as the server. Most webhosts will provide a special SMTP server that web applications can use which does not require login or authentication and can only be accessed via web applications running on their servers. Are you using this or the same credentials that you use for accessing your email on your local machine?
MPR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the odd part, we had smtp problems, so switched from hostgator because they refused to help us with proxy settings, to 1and1, which I use for my IPN, and my company has no issues processing and sending.

The proxy is set correctly in the web.config, and since moving to 1and1 and getting the emails to send we haven't changed anything, so why would the same transaction have a 200 success and a 500 error?

I'm going to go over his ipn>configure settings tomorrow to make sure we don't have something weird set in there, and I'll send the next set of trace reports when they come in. We do use an account local to that domain for sending the ipn notices, but it's definitely possible that we made an error in there somewhere.
MPR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! I think I found the problem. The "Email notifications from" address had an extra period in the email address.

Getting old and more blind by the minute sucks...

Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: