Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RowWidget.GetOptimalRowWidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: RowWidget.GetOptimalRowWidth Reply with quote

I'm doing some custom drawing of row widgets and would like a method that specifies how wide the custom row is. I know you can specify how wide a particular column is, but I'd like to be able to override the entire row's width on specific rows without modifying how wide a column is. Much like you can override a row's height with RowWidget.GetOptimalRowHeight.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Tree doesn't really have a concept of RowWidth - instead the width is just the total width of all the columns. You could add a column at the end of your columns which you set the width of so as to get the total row width you require. Would this work for you?
rp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that way works, but the hash mark at the end of the placeholder column is visible, and the column header can be clicked on. It feels and looks like a hack. Is there a column header style setting I'm missing?

Instead of adding a placeholder column, you could add a call to an overrideable method (i.e. OnGetOptimalRowWidth) when you calculate the total width of all columns. You could have the default method return -1 to signal normal row width calculation.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by the hash mark?

Try setting the following

Column.Sortable = false
Column.Movable = false

Let me know if this isn't sufficient and we will look at adding your request in the next major release.
rp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have those properties set that way.

Here's an image showing the hash mark at the end: (the last verticle bar in the header column):

And here's an image showing that column header while a user clicks on it: (shouldn't be clickable)

Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I see how you are using this now. One of the items on our to-do feature list is to implement preview text which can span columns as you are doing - so I'm guessing that this will address your issues. Have you purchased Virtual Tree? If so we will bump it up the priority list. We could probably implement this for the next major release (after the one which is currently in beta and due in about week).

It would also be possible to workaround your current issues by deriving a new ColumnHeaderWidget class that is only used for the last column (and so does not draw the border etc).
rp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha ColumnHeaderWidget sounds like the route I'll take for now. Thanks for the tip.

Yes I've purchased VT -- I'll PM you the info.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: