Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Securing and Exporting License Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Securing and Exporting License Tracker Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a quick question. Sometimes I am in the need of developing an application using my clients computer and therefore I have ELT installed there so it is easier for me to generate licenses. Now here goes the first question,

1.- Is there any way to password protect ELT so nobody but myself can open the program and have access to the license keys? Sometimes I use my clients computer in the clients office and someone else could try to login to the computer and find out about ELT (although I have taken precautiouns to hide that as much as I can, still it is possible to find)

Now goes to the 2 questions which could actually take care of question 1 in the even that ELT doesn't handle password encryption.

2.- Which is the best way to export all the ELT data from one computer to another? Is it sufficient by doing an install of the software in the second computer and then just copying the data folders (of course if there is such a folders, I need to look)?

Thanks so much for your help. As I previously said, this program is just great!

Alex
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently License Tracker is not password protected. The best solution would be to copy the database (License.mdb) onto some removable media and delete it from the clients machine when done. You can find it under the "Program Files\Infralution\Infralution Licensing" directory
alex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that will do just fine, thanks for the prompt response.

Best regards,

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: