Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Expiration Not Adjusted Correctly on PayPal Subscrip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopdahl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: License Expiration Not Adjusted Correctly on PayPal Subscrip Reply with quote

Hi:

There was a period where because of permissions issue I had PayPal subscription payments failing for several licenses.

Since that time, PayPal subscriptions continue to send notifications at the correct interval, but the license expiration date is not being updated correctly for those users. It should be set to 32 days from the day of the IPN event but it's only setting the expiration date in the licensing database to about 2 weeks ahead.

I've tried manually tweaking some of the columns in the licensing database to get these things back in sync but have had no luck.

I need to understand what factors are used to set the new expiry date when a PayPal update comes through. Any idea on what needs to change to get this working correctly again?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this only happening for the license which initially had problems - or for new subscriptions as well? I can't see any reason why this should occur. The logic that sets the expiry date is:

Code:
AuthenticationService service = new AuthenticationService();
DateTime expiryDate = DateTime.UtcNow.AddDays(saleProduct.ExpiryDays.Value);
service.SetExpiryDate(product.AuthenticatedLicenseParameters, licenseKey.Key, expiryDate);

Which just sets the expiry date by adding the specified ExpiryDays for the Product to the current date. So unless the clock on your IPN.NET Server or Authentication Server is way off or you have the wrong number in the Product settings for the Expiry Date then I can't see why this would happen.
dopdahl

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops. It looks like I must have changed my product settings and forgot about it... odd.

Can I just change my expiry days value back to 32 for my product and things will just start working correctly again?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That will fix the expiry dates for new payments. For existing customers you will need to adjust the expiry dates manually from License Tracker using The Authentication > Set Limits menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: